Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Monday, May 26, 2008

I Want To Have A Affair

I have been listening to some CD’s that a friend gave me. The person speaking used a term “Heart Affair with Jesus”. This stuck with me and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to know what the two words Heart and Affair were defined as. So, I pulled out my dust dictionary and looked these two words up.

They are defined as:

AFFAIR- a procedure or action; a romantic or passionate attachment of limited duration.

HEART- Acts as a force to pump blood and maintain circulation; the whole personality including intellectual as well as emotional functions or traits; one’s intermost character or part; vital center or driving force; essential or most vital part of something.

I looked at these definitions and thought, that’s what I want. I want a Heart Affair with Jesus. I want my personality, emotions, functions and traits to reflect Him. I want Him to be the most vital part of my life. The one who maintains and pumps life to the rest of my being. My driving force in life and my center were all life flows from. I want to have a passionate affair with my Jesus, the only difference is, I want this affair to last a lifetime.

No comments: