Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Acceptance

I came across this going through some old papers last night. I don't know who said it, but wanted to share it.



"ACCEPTANCE"

"Accept him whose faith is weak...For God has accepted him" Romans 14:1-3.

People everywhere are crying out to be accepted on this basis, so that they need not live under the pressure of pretense trying to appear the person they know they are not, in the vain hope of being more acceptable to others.

To love and accept someone because, "they think the way I do" or they do something "exactly as I would have done it," is really accepting them for their likeness to oneself. In which case who am I really loving and accepting?

Secure relationships require our acceptance of each other, complete with our differences.

No comments: