Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Shack



As I was leaving Portland, Pam gave me a copy of the book “The Shack.” I finally picked it up last night and after struggling thru the first few chapters, could not put the book down, finishing the entire book last night. Wow, was the only word that came to mind when I closed the book.

This book brought a lot of emotions to the surface for me. After the death of my oldest son, I had so many questions and was not getting any answers from God. In reading this book, I found the character Mack asking some of the same questions I have always had and going thru some of same emotions I encountered and still do. I am not saying all my questions were answered thru this book, but I walk away with a better understanding and a new out look into who God is and hopefully a new and better relationship with him. I think I will keep this book close by to revisit again. Thanks Pam!

1 comment:

Pam Hogeweide said...

i'm so glad this book was a meaningful read for you. i want to reread it myself. i was so critical the first time i read it. i want to read it again and pay closer attention to the beauty of Jesus found on the pages.

Thanks for blogging about it.