Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Friday in Portland



My last three days in Portland went by like a whirlwind. Friday night, Pam, her Husband and I went to Vancouver. We were going to Vivian's going away party, at Tony's house. Here I would meet the infamous Donna and Vivian, that Pam talks about often. The house was nestled on what seemed to be the outskirts of Vancouver and was full of beautiful people and wonderful food. Pam took me outside, where I met Tony and he was making his famous noodles. Now, I have read a few blogs about Tony's noodles and I thought I have to get me some of those. They are just as awesome as everyone says they are and Tony, I wish I had the opportunity to sit and talk to him more. What an interesting man.

That night I met Pam’s friends and instantly felt welcomed and at home. Donna and Vivian, awesome women, who after a short time, made me feel like I had known them for years. Pam they wanted the low down on you, but all your secrets are safe with me…..Ha Ha. Vern, you cracked me up. Dorie, well what can I say about him. I met Dorie and we talked about many things, but what really drew me to him was this very soft-spoken man that had the most incredible sweet spirit about him. He played his guitar and sung a few songs, some he said he wrote. There was so much compassion in his songs. There is something about his young man that will stay with me for a long time. Sitting there around the bonfire talking and listen to the music, what a beautiful night.

The night went way to fast. Donna and Vivian you will have to come this way someday and you can bring Pam too. Vivian, if you ever want to give up that jacket, let me know and I wish you the best in your new adventure. I want to thank everyone for letting me be a part of his or her world that night. It is something I will treasure forever. It was the first time in a long time that I felt like I belonged and it was nice to be around people who understand your heart and your desires. I walked away feeling like I had just gone home and now had to leave my family. I miss you all and send my love.

No comments: