Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weeding



I was on my way down to the park one Saturday, driving thru the neighborhood people were out mowing their lawns, but God directed my attention to a little old lady weeding her flowerbeds. “Why are you showing me this I asked”, but got no response and I didn’t think much about it until later.

There have been some shifts and changes happening with the park since about the end of November. Many times the Lord telling me to remove or cut off different things or influences that have been brought in, not always understanding the reasoning behind them, but always knowing that it is best to listen to his voice and do as he asks.

As I got home that Saturday I was thinking about the park and all that has been going on and he reminded me of the older lady weeding her flowerbed. He spoke to me telling me that good seeds have been and are being planted. During the growth process of these seeds, many plants sprout up. All looking the same, but some coming from a different source. As they continue to grow and mix with the good seeds, they take on a look of their own and stand out for what they are, weeds. If not removed they will continue to grow, suck the life out of and eventually killing off the good seeds that were planted.

So we have been going thru a weeding period. Though it may have been hard at times it has been worth it. We are seeing new growth on many levels with our friends as well as the ministry, new seeds are being planted and those that have been planted are beginning to emerge with a bigger desire to be watered, fed and cared for and we have had the privilege of having some of the most wonderful people to tend to his garden. Each gently caring for each seed planted.

So when tending to his garden some of the work may be hard and painful, but the end results will be worth all the work put into it, for he will grow a garden of beauty and that beauty is already evident in what is already beginning to bloom.

No comments: