Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cutting the ties

What I hear in your words are words of what you want, what you feel about something, what you think is right, how you think things should be and what you think God is thinking. Have you ever stopped to consider what the Lord has spoken to me? The vision that He gave me and how I try to stay focused on that vision and faithful to Him?

I have spent sometime in prayer over this and the other night the Lord asked me a few short questions.

Do these person’s words cause you to draw closer to the Lord? … No, they keep my focus on his/her ideas of what is should be done and what he/she thinks is right.

Does this persons actions reflect Christ? …Not always, they seem to be focused on exalting himself/herself.

Does keeping a friendship with this person keep you focused on the Lord and the work He has called you to do? … No, I spend more time worrying about what he/she wants.

A friendship that pulls you away from the Lord is spiritually unhealthy. Unhealthy in the sense that you spend more time worrying about pleasing the others wants and wishes and you stop focusing on what the Lord has asked of you. This type of friendship needs to be cut. After spending time in prayer about this again the other night, the Lord almost immediately confirmed this with His own words, Mark 6:11"If you're not welcomed, not listened to, quietly withdraw. Don't make a scene. Shrug your shoulders and be on your way." So this is where this chapter ends, but it’s okay a new one is waiting to be written. My focus is back where it should be and the Lord was waiting patiently…it is good to hear His voice again.

2 comments:

Lou said...

This sounds like a difficult decision, and not one made lightly. I hope you are at peace...

Mosaic Street said...

Lou,
Yes a difficult decision, but when someone elses ideas or ambitions hurt and disrupt those who you are trying to serve them you have to put a end to it. As hard as it is, you have to think of what is best for all.
I hope you are doing well. I think of you and Andrew often and continue to keep you in prayer. Love to you and your family!