Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

THE GAME

For the past week or two, I have been getting a picture in my head. I keep seeing a large football field with many players on it. Each fighting desperately to win the game and no matter how hard they try, they cannot reach the goal. On the sidelines stands the Lord, with his arms crossed looking and watching the game. He stands there very patiently, just waiting and watching. Along side of him is a bench, empty of all players; they are all on the field.

My question is: Is he standing there as a coach, waiting to give direction to the team, so they can take their team to victory? Or, is he standing and waiting patiently to be asked into the game, the only player that has not been included? Have we forgotten to ask Him for direction or have we forgotten to include Him in our everyday battles? Just some thoughts, would love to hear what you think.

No comments: