Just A Nobody

My photo
This blog was started to share the journey of what God has called me to do, serve our friends whithout homes. A long the way it has also become part of my journey as well.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ARMS EXSTENDED

James (my son) and I ran into Wal Mart yesterday, to pick up a few things. We were in a hurry, much like the rest of the world is these days. We passed the bin in the movie section, were they have the old movies they are trying to get rid of. James asked if we couldn’t stop and look real quick. Okay, just for a minute, I thought. So there we stood digging thru the movies, looking for something we might be interested in watching, when I hear this man’s voice say “I have a couple of diggers here.”

“Excuse Me,” I said as I started to rise up to look at him. I was not sure if he was joking with us or insulting us.

“I have a couple of diggers to help me out,” he said. This is when I took a second look at the man and noticed something that I had not noticed in the beginning. This man had no arms, now I understood why he needed a couple of diggers.

I looked at James and he looked at the man and without hesitation asked, “so what are we looking for.” The gentleman explained that he had seen an old movie a couple of days ago and had comeback for it. So, James and I dug and dug, while this man directed us as to where we were to look and how best to dig for it. He even said, jokingly, at one time that he was going to go over by James because he dug faster. I tried to explain that I had only one hand to work with because the other was full. He laughed and reminded me that I was still one up on him. Okay, got me there, I’ll dig faster.

After about fifteen or twenty minutes, we found not one, but two movies he had been looking for. We asked if there was anything else we might be able to do for him. He replied “no” that is all I came in for. “Okay then, have a good day,” I said. He was turning to walk away, stopped and looked back at us and said, “There is one more thing I would like to tell you.” “What’s that?” I asked? His response brought goose bumps all up and down my arms. He very calmly said “ I thank you for being my arms extended in the world today!”

So I will leave you with that to think about dear friends. As a follower of Jesus, shouldn’t we all be His arms extended in the World.

No comments: